Siva Pillay – CEO
+27 83 634 0288
Keystroke Holdings was founded in July 2013 by Siva. He started his IT career in January 1983 in the capacity of COBOL programmer. For over 3 decades, Siva can boast several successes that have earned him the credibility and respect from peers, clients and management.
A summary of major successes are as follows:
- Employed by Liberty Life for 10 years. Started as a developer at Liberty and left in the capacity of Senior Development Manager. Before his exit Siva was responsible for the Lifestyle Systems and several large projects which included the Y2K initiative.
- In 1999 he founded and led Skylite Business Solutions, an IT solutions company operating mainly in the Java space. Skylite was the provider of choice to Investec Private Bank and deployed several key projects such as Online Banking, RADAR (CRM System), Retail Treasury Front-end and the Securities System. The maintenance and 24-hour support was also outsourced to Skylite.
- During this time Skylite was also tasked with automating the Discovery Individual Life business. This included the quotations and servicing systems.
- In 2001 Skylite was sold to Paracon Holdings, a JSE listed IT company. Siva was appointed MD of Business Solutions and serviced multiple clients until his exit in 2003.
- He joined Discovery Group Risk in the capacity of CIO in 2006 after a break from the IT world. Siva was responsible for the replacement of the Group Risk systems which included the development of the quotations, installation front-end and deployment of the SunGard Compass package. He was also made accountable for the Group Risk Operations, which included billing, underwriting, claims assessment, claims payments and client & member servicing. The new systems and administration efficiencies were major contributors to the massive growth of the business, over 5 times the API in 6 years.